Please check back after July 1, 2019 to apply online for a Professional Growth Grant. As of March 30, the Foundation approved 10 exceptional grants, reaching it’s $15,000 2018-19 budget.
Eligibility: Open to all certified employees in Bartlesville public schools.
- Awarded monthly to enable attendance at seminars, conferences, workshops and other developmental opportunities to enhance instructional and administrative training and management skills development.
- Application submission deadline:The 15th of the month at least two months prior to an event if it involves out of District travel. If it does not involve out of District travel, applications may be submitted by the 15th of the month only one month prior to the event. Grants will be awarded monthly.
- 2016-17 funded grants
- 2017-18 funded grants
- 2018-19 funded grants
- Sample Grant Agreement Form (all grant recipients are required to complete a Grant Agreement Form before receiving funds)
- Sample Grant Reporting Form (all grant recipients are required to complete a Grant Reporting Form after receiving funds)
Criteria: Professional growth can be accomplished using a variety of methods. For example:
- Bringing in outside expertise to assist.
- Hosting summer institutes, when teachers and administrators are free of classroom responsibilities.
- Supporting our staff in their affiliation with quality national and regional professional organizations and workshops.
- Training local staff, who in turn train others within the district (highly encouraged).
- Budget cannot exceed $1,500 per person covered by the grant.
- If cost is over budget or will be over $1,500 cap, you must agree to find supplemental funding for the difference.
Recommendation: To the extent possible, please limit the number of teachers attending a particular conference. In an effort to make the best use of our funds, we will aim to send one person per grade or per school. We ask that you share the knowledge you learn with your colleagues.
Grants must be submitted using the online application. Use the form below.
The form will open on July 1st, please check back then.
If you do not receive an email confirmation after you submit your application, it did not go through and you need to contact us. Thank you.