What makes us unique
Bartlesville Public Schools Foundation:
- Is the only endowment exclusively providing annual supplemental funding to Bartlesville public schools.
- Works closely with Bartlesville public schools leadership to support programs identified to accelerate student success.
- Provides grants to local educators and recognizes the careers of outstanding teachers.
- Was created in 1985 to help Bartlesville public schools maximize and improve the quality of education for its students.
- Is a publicly funded affiliate of the Bartlesville Community Foundation.
- Accepts tax-deductible contributions through the Bartlesville Community Foundation’s 501(c)(3) status.
We provide financial resources, cultivate community partnerships, and celebrate achievements to engage students, empower teachers, and enrich learning within Bartlesville Public Schools.
Executive Director Blair Ellis
Blair Ellis earned her bachelor’s degree from Washington and Lee University in Virginia and her law degree from the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. She has ten years of experience as an attorney. Blair and her husband, Chad, moved to Bartlesville from Ithaca, New York, in 2013. Chad is a scientist with Chevron Phillips Chemical Company.
Blair has been involved with the Bartlesville Public Schools Foundation since 2016. During that time, she served in various roles, including secretary, vice chairman, and chairman of the governance committee. She has been the Foundation’s first executive director since 2017.
When Blair is not working, she is spending time outdoors with her husband and their three boys. She currently serves as a trustee on the Bartlesville Redevelopment Trust Authority, a board member for the Splash Club, and board member for the Bartlesville Rotary Club.
2020-2021 Board of Governors
The Foundation has 18 civic-minded community leaders who oversee its investments. These Governors also review, award and monitor its grants. The Foundation is an excellent vehicle for individuals who value education and choose to invest their charitable dollars to fund creative and innovative instructional practices to build a better future for our students and our community.
The Board meets at the Education Service Center on the first Wednesday of each month.
- Todd Cone, Chairman
- Chris Batchelder, Vice Chairman
- Harry Deathe, Treasurer
- Jessica Birk, Secretary
- Nikki Benson
- Raymond Crow
- Gabi Farnham
- John B. Kane
- Nicole McKinney
- Matt Pregler
- Sonya Reed
- Brian Saltzman
- Earl Sears
- Lori Silver
- Jay Wenzel
- Cindy Wray
- Chuck McCauley, Superintendent, Bartlesville Public Schools
- Kevin Sitton, Bartlesville Public Schools board member
- Amanda Daniels, Bartlesville Public Schools 2019 Teacher of the Year
Each school site has a BPS Foundation board member as an ambassador. In addition to the BPS Foundation’s executive director, ambassadors are available to answer questions from teachers and administrators at that site.