The Bartlesville Public Schools Foundation is proud to bring Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library to Bartlesville!
This means that ALL KIDS FROM BIRTH TO AGE 5 LIVING IN A BARTLESVILLE ZIP CODE can sign up for the Imagination Library and receive a FREE book in the mail, to his or her house, EVERY MONTH from the time the child registers until his or her 5th birthday!
Here’s How to Enroll
You can also enroll your child by printing out and completing this paper form and returning it to the Education Service Center at 1100 SW Jennings, Bartlesville, OK 74003.
About Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
Since launching in 1995, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library has become the preeminent early childhood book gifting program in the world. The flagship program of The Dollywood Foundation has mailed over 150 million free books in Australia, Canada, The Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom and the United States. The Imagination Library mails high-quality, age-appropriate books each month to registered children from birth to age five. Dolly envisioned creating a lifelong love of reading, inspiring them to dream. The impact of the program has been widely researched and results suggest positive increases in key early childhood literacy metrics. Penguin Random House is the exclusive publisher for Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
Funding to Bring the Program to Bartlesville
Initial funding for this program was provided by our generous donor and friend of education, Jay Wenzel. To help sustain this program in our community, please donate online and note “Imagination Library” in the memo line or mail a check to the BPS Foundation at 1100 SW Jennings, Bartlesville OK 74003. The families of Bartlesville thank you!!
Privacy of the program participants is of the upmost importance to the Imagination Library and Bartlesville Public Schools Foundation. Information of anyone registering for this program will be kept exclusively within the Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library database and only used in connection with mailing books to the registered participants. Participants information will not be sold or shared with third parties.
Already enrolled and need to update your address? If your family is moving, make sure your child’s Imagination Library books move with you! Click here and follow the prompts or email the Bartlesville Public Schools Foundation at email@example.com.
- How long does it take to start receiving books?
- Depending on when you register your child, it may take between 8-10 weeks for the first book to arrive.
- If I have multiple children in my home under the age of 5, can I register them separately to each receive their own book?
- How do I know if my child was accepted into the program?
- If you provide an email address with your registration, you will be notified via email when the registration is approved or entered into our system.
- Do all children receive the same books?
- Each child within an age group will receive the same monthly book. Children are assigned to an age group based on their year of birth in order to make sure children receive age appropriate books.
- If I’m expecting a baby, when can I register them?
- You must wait until the child is born to register them with their birthdate.
- Who may enroll a child?
- Only legal guardians may enroll a child.
- I’ve stopped receiving books, what should I do?
- If your child stopped receiving books, you will need to reach out to the BPS Foundation to determine the reason: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I get my login information?
- If you registered your child online or an email address was added to your child’s record upon registration, this will serve as your username. if you do not know your password, please request a new password using the New Password / Forgot Password link on the login page.
- How does the Imagination Library choose the books?
- All titles in the Imagination Library are published by Penguin Random House and carefully selected by a panel of experts in early childhood and reading. The Book Selection Committee meets annually to review and refresh the book list, drawing on their years of experience. This ensures each book is age-appropriate, and that the list features a broad range of titles, authors, and genres.