Targeting new projects within Bartlesville public schools
We work closely with Bartlesville public schools leadership to raise funds for programs that are in line with the Bartlesville Public Schools District 2020 Strategic Plan.
- Raised over $300,000 to expand the District’s STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) curriculum in from 2016-2019. Learn more.
- Implemented “Bruins on the Run” – an after-school mentoring and running program for fifth graders at all six BPS elementary schools. Collaboration with the Richard Kane YMCA and Run the Streets.
- Raised $2,500 to purchase solar eclipse viewing glasses for the District so that every student and staff member in the Bartlesvillepublic schools could safely view the eclipse August 21, 2017.
- Funded $5,000 for Bartlesville Education Promise, an organization that offers tutoring programs, reading programs, and summer camps to Bartlesville students.
- Partnered with Truity Education Foundation to fund four $10,000 grants for capital improvements at various school sites from 2012-2016. Past recipients include:
- 2012-2013 – Wilson Elementary: gymnasium/stage upgrade.
- 2013-2014 – Hoover Elementary: Ram Fam Fitness Trail.
- 2014-2015 – Bartlesville High School: media package to upgrade communications.
- 2015-2016 – Ranch Heights Elementary: pavilion and picnic tables on their playground
- Raise addition funds and recognize outstanding local educators by hosting the annual Educator’s Hall of Fame.
- Award three $1,000 grants to a school or program selected by the Hall of Fame inductees on an annual basis. At the 2019 Hall of Fame Breakfast, these grants were awarded as follows:
- $1,000 to the Central Middle School
- $1,000 to Jane Phillips Elementary School
- $1,000 to Wayside Elementary School
- Teacher appreciation: Foundation hosts the District’s Teacher of the Year Celebration each year – inviting our community to celebrate our best and most-deserving teachers. Foundation board members sponsor an annual Teacher Appreciation Week in November, hand delivering drinks from a cart at every school site to each teacher, administrator and support staff member in the District. In addition, the Foundation partners with Truity Credit Union to sponsor a billboard in November and May each year, thanking teachers for their dedication.
If have an idea for a community partnership or future project, please contact our executive director at 918-336-8600 ext. 3523.