Targeting new projects within Bartlesville public schools
We work closely with Bartlesville public schools leadership to raise funds for programs that are in line with the Bartlesville Public Schools District 2020 Strategic Plan.
- Committed to a $41,000 Challenge Grant in 2016-2017 to expand the District’s “Project Lead the Way” STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) curriculum into all six of the District’s elementary schools. Actual donation was $85,0710 – $41,000 in Foundation matching funds and approximately $44,000 community donations that the Foundation raised. Info.
- Funded $5,000 for Bartlesville Education Promise, an organization that offers tutoring programs, reading programs, and summer camps to Bartlesville students.
- From 2012-2016, we partnered with Truity Education Foundation to fund four $10,000 grants for capital improvements at various school sites. Past recipients include:
- 2012-2013 – Wilson Elementary: gymnasium/stage upgrade.
- 2013-2014 – Hoover Elementary: Ram Fam Fitness Trail.
- 2014-2015 – Bartlesville High School: media package to upgrade communications.
- 2015-2016 – Ranch Heights Elementary: pavilion and picnic tables on their playground.
- Raise addition funds and recognize outstanding local educators by hosting the annual Educator’s Hall of Fame.
- We award $1,000 grants to a school or program selected by the Hall of Fame inductees. At the 2017 Hall of Fame Breakfast, these grants were awarded as follows:
- $1,000 to Ranch Heights
- $1,000 to Bartlesville High School Math Department
- $1,000 to Bartlesville High School Science Department
- Teacher appreciation: Foundation board members celebrated National Teacher Appreciation Week in May 2017 by hand delivering drinks from a cart at every school site to each teacher, administrator and support staff member. In addition, the Foundation sponsored a billboard thanking teachers for their dedication.
If have an idea for a community partnership or future project, please contact our executive director at 918-336-8600 ext. 3523.