Eligibility: Open to all certified employees in Bartlesville public schools.
- Awarded monthly to enable attendance at seminars, conferences, workshops and other developmental opportunities to enhance instructional and administrative training and management skills development.
- Application submission deadline: The 15th of the month at least two months prior to an event. No applications are accepted May 15 – July 1.
- 2016-17 funded grants. The 15 grants awarded total $8,516.
Criteria: Professional growth can be accomplished using a variety of methods. The school district can provide opportunities for idea exchanges by:
- Bringing in outside expertise to assist.
- Hosting summer institutes, when teachers and administrators are free of classroom responsibilities.
- Supporting our staff in their affiliation with quality national and regional professional organizations and workshops.
- Training local staff, who in turn train others within the district (highly encouraged).
- Budget cannot exceed $1,500 per person covered by the grant.
- If cost is over budget or will be over $1,500 cap, you must agree to find supplemental funding for the difference.
A single instance or combination of these methods can be the basis for a Professional Growth Grant application.
For principals, the purpose would be to further enhance their instructional and managerial leadership skills. This grant would permit principals to hone their skills in specific ways that correspond with identified needs in their area of administrative responsibility – and potentially be an impetus for improved direction for the district.
Grants must be submitted using the online application. Use the form below.